• 1/3 c. EVOO (Arbequina or Coratina)
• 4 crushed garlic cloves
• 6 peeled and seeded Roma tomatoes cut into thin strips
• 1 c. homemade fish stock, purchased seafood stock or clam juice
• 1/2 c. dry white wine
• 1 lb. skinned saltwater fish filets (snapper, sole,
halibut, cod) cut into 2 inch thick chunks
• Heat oil in a 4-6 quart Dutch oven or sauce pot. Add crushed garlic and sauté on very low heat for about two minutes or until garlic is fragrant but not browned.
• Add tomatoes, stock and wine and simmer for about 10 minutes.
• Add the fish and seafood and simmer for about 5 minutes until just done.
• Stir in parsley and basil and serve immediately.