• 1 lb. coleslaw cabbage mix
• 1/2 c. unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
• 2 Tbs. creamy peanut butter
• 1 Tbs. Blood Orange Olive Oil
• 1/2 c. mayonnaise
• 2 Tbs. Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
• 1/2 tsp. grated fresh ginger, or more to taste
• 1/2 tsp. Sel Gris Sea Salt
• 1 tbs. orange or tangerine juice
• 1 tsp. rice vinegar (optional)
Preparation for Sauce: Add all of the sauce ingredients into a small food processor. Blend dressing until smooth and creamy.
Preparation for Coleslaw: Place coleslaw mix into large mixing bowl and mix in the dressing. Stir well. The slaw will draw water the longer it sits, but if you want it to be very saucy, add 1-3 tbs. of water (one at a time) to the slaw. The nuts can be added now or just before serving, depending on whether you want them crunchy. Refrigerate the slaw for at east 30 minutes to blend flavors. The longer the slaw sits, the more wilted the cabbage will get and the thinner the sauce will become.
*An original Carter & Cavero recipe adaptation from Olive This!