• 1 lb. fresh lump crab meat
• 1/2 c. Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
• 1 roasted red bell pepper, seeded & diced
• 1 Tbs. minced fresh chives
• 1 Tbs. torn fresh basil
• Juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
• Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
• 10-12 slices basic crostini
Preparation: Pick through crabmeat to remove any bits of shell. Transfer to a nonreactive bowl. Add 1/2 cup of olive oil, bell pepper, chives, basil, lemon juice and zest and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top each crostini with approx. 1 tablespoon of the crab mixture. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
*An original Carter & Cavero recipe adaptation from Sapore.